Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Need to know 5 things about Texas arbitration law. church

Customer Question

need to know 5 things about Texas arbitration law. church in virginia , texas arbitration law in contract
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no just reading contract
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no .. i am just searching for infor if disagreemnet or breach....it shall be submitting to binding agreement arbitration in accordance with the laws and codes of the stat texas
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 5 months ago.

Hello: I am sorry to see you are having a legal issue and looking at possible arbitration. I see from your statement that you have a contract and it says the matter will be handled through binding arbitration under the laws of the state of Texas. This simply means that the matter will be handled through arbitration rather than the court system. When arbitration is selected it is common to state which state laws will apply. If the dispute was going to be handled in the normal court process with filing a lawsuit in Texas the law that will apply would already be established as Texas law. Do you have a specific question about this that you would like answered? Also, does the contract state what arbitration procedures should be followed? Let me know. Thanks, David