Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Legally how does renter have to get out after receiving a

Customer Question

Legally how long does renter have to get out after receiving a vacate notice
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Lived there almost 12 years. He is upset because I pulled up the carpet I pulled out the carpet and had been there 17 years and was dirty Painted after 10 years he is also threatening me with not giving back my deposit
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What is the basis for which they are being asked to leave? Is there a lease and the landlord simply wants them to vacate or are they in breach of the lease agreement?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Only one contract 12 years ago . He was upset that after 12 years I had pulled a dirty white carpet up and painted . I put down laminate wood floor at my own expense that can easily be removed . He told me that he had sent me a notice stating any changes had to be approved by him in writing . He also said that I was disturbing my neighbors piece which is not true my neighbors are willing to write a letter saying that I don't . He's only giving me 32 days to move out and he's threatening to keep my deposit with the letter that was not notified .

Thank you and please allow me a moment

To simply end a month to month tenancy, the landlord would only be required to provide one-month written notice prior to a periodic rent-paying date (§§ 441.060(4)). Now, if the landlord is proceeding under a lease violation and not receiving permission, then a 10 day written notice to cure, would need to be given.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!