Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I want my grandaughter to leave my home she does not pay

Customer Question

i want my grandaughter to leave my home she does not pay rent abusive verable does not clean up
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes we have the police here saturday at 2am i gave her a notice of a 3 day request to leave that i got from clerk of courts
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Once residency is established, your granddaughter has the status of a month to month tenant. This is true whether she pays rent or not.

That means you must give her 30 days notice to terminate her right to continue living there. After the 30 days you would need to file an eviction petition with the court ("forcible detainer"), obtain a writ of possession and place the writ with the sheriff for execution. The sheriff will then come, if she is still there, and remove her and her possessions.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!