Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

After living in my apt. for 9+ yrs, after living in my apt.

Customer Question

After living in my apt. for 9+ yrs,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi,
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: after living in my apt. for 9+ yrs.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how I had a lease, then it went to a month to month. then we started to get letters being post on our door of habitual violations?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you please share with me what your question is? Are you in violation of anything and if so, have you cured the violations?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, lived in my apartment for 9+ years. Received a 90day eviction notice. For no reason .

What State do you live in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
California

Thank you for the reply. In CA, if a tenant has resided in the rental property for more then a year, they would need to be given a 60 day notice to vacate, if the landlord wanted to end the lease. In this case, they are giving you a 90 day notice, so that is more then what is required under the law. In addition, they do not have to provide any reason for ending the lease and the notice would be legal, as long as they are not discriminating against you in any way. I know this is not ideal and you have lived there for a long time but if you are a month to month tenant, this 90 day notice to vacate would be deemed proper.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!