Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

What makes unlawful speed criminal? FL, IDK I know that

Customer Question

What makes unlawful speed criminal?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: IDK I know that there is a criminal record
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really that's all I know
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is now a criminal record offense is unlawful speed
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 months ago.

In Florida, the traffic violations set out below are considered criminal. So, in terms of just the speeding issue, that could be a reckless driving conviction, multiple speeding violations that were charged under the habitual traffic offender law, or racing on the highway. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, please let me know I answered your question and also take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page of my efforts to assist you, so that the Site will give me credit for answering your question today. Thank you

• Reckless Driving
  • Driving While License Suspended
  • Driving Under the Influence
  • Refusal to Submit to Breath Test
  • Habitual Traffic Offender
  • Leaving the Scene of an Accident
  • No Valid Driver’s License
  • Expired Driver’s License
  • Racing on a Highway
  • Attaching Tag not Assigned
  • Expired Vehicle Registration
  • No Valid Registration
  • Unlawful Use of an Identification Card
  • No Motorcycle Endorsement
  • Unlawful Display of a License
  • Permitting an Unauthorized Person to Drive

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.