Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I HAVE A PROBLEM, WITH AN OTHER LAWYER, I GAVE HIM SOME OF

Customer Question

I HAVE A PROBLEM, WITH AN OTHER LAWYER, I GAVE HIM SOME OF MY OLD MUSIC, THAT I WROTE BACK IN 1988, AND 89. I GAVE THEM 3 COPYS OF MY LYRICS AND HE SEID HE GET BACK WITH ME THEN A WEEK LATER HE TXETS ME AND SEID SINCE YOU DID NOT LEAVE MY ANY OF YOUR STUFF, HE ONLY SENT ME 3 COPYS OF THE MUSIC IN QUESTION. SOME ONE SAYS TALK TO THE BAR ASSOSATION, OR HAVE ANOTHER LAWYER WORK WITH YOU. ITS MORE COMPLICATED THAN THAT THERE ARE ALSO SOUND RIGHTS, AT THIS POINT I NEED TO FIND A GOOD LAWYER TO HELP ME WITH THIS MATTER.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MICHIGAN, AND IT IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT PROBLEM IT IS INALECTUAL PROPERTY LAW PROBLEM. MUSIC AND SOUND RIGHTS.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NOT YET, THAT IS WHAT IS MAKING ME MAD.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO JUST THAT I FEEL I;M GETTING THE RUN A ROUND.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you ever register your copyrights on the material you gave the attorney?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, the music was not registered, I told them I had heard some of my music over the radio, and sounded like my music. he seid bring it in and we will talk. three songs of lyrics and some sound. he seid I should separate the sound my gituar parts and get the cordsand he was going to see if he could get copys of the lyrics in question, I left him the lyrics copys of mine and seid I would look into the sound. I asked him if he wanted some money , he seid no lets look into it first. to see if their is any thing their. later he sent me an e-mail ,saying that because I did not leave him copys of my lyrics and no sound that he couldn't help but sent me copys of the other peoples music, to match to my own. I went back and left three more copys with his secturtary. and still never herd from him .I also called him three or four times and have gotten no return phone call.

Do you want to find a different attorney?