LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Is it legal to ground your 17 yr pld for two weeks in TN

Customer Question

is it legal to ground your 17 yr pld for two weeks in TN
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. No, it is not. If you want to ground the 17 year old and take away privileges and doing certain things, you have a right to do so. As long as you are providing, food, water, shelter and meeting their basic needs, you can ground them as a result of your behavior. There is no law that requires you to allow them to watch tv, go on the internet , socialize with friends or anything of that nature. If you want to ground them for two weeks and take away those privileges, you can do so. As long as they are not being harmed or neglected, there is nothing illegal about this.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!