How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson has a disabililty and his mother is single has a

Customer Question

my grandson has a disabililty and his mother is single has a dead beat father ,my question is can he can he get disability?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: he has sco;ioses and he is fixin to get an operation next week and he has also one kidney and was also born with club feet
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he is 14 yrs.old now
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, she should indeed apply for SS Disability for the child under both her and the deadbeat father's accounts. If the child is disabled before 18 they are entitled to benefits. Furthermore, she needs to file with child support enforcement for assistance in getting the deadbeat to court to get child support from him as well.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She has already taken him to court but he does not work and he pays child support to another woman and is paying her instead of my daugther. My grandson was born first before the other child.He keeps missing his court dates and does not show and my daugther is tired of messing with him.So you see that's why I want a refund.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So YOU see, I do not have any clue what she has done or has not done because YOU did not tell me, but you come back dissatisfied because I told you what she had done already. However, had YOU told me that she had done this I would have told you some alternatives, but since you would like a refund, we are done and I will submit it to customer service for one. Best of luck to you and your grandson, as I told you he qualifies for disability, which was your question and I hope everything works out for the grandchild's sake.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i want my refund back thank you very much.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
You can contact customer service about a refund, as the experts are not site employees and have no ability to deal with anything about payments to the site. Again, I wish you the best and I am sorry you chose not to provide adequate information to the expert to get the information you were seeking. Best wishes.