How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Lykken, Esq Your Own Question
Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 103
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Lykken, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone sold me a vehicle with a fraudulent title. When I

Customer Question

Someone sold me a vehicle with a fraudulent title. When I was about to file a small claims complaint, their bankruptcy atty called me and told me the defendant filed bankruptcy. Do I need to take a judgment against them in small claims or file an adversary complaint for fraud because it's not dischargable.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. Thank you for using this service. The short answer is that you need to file an adversary action because the bankruptcy filing stays any court actions. Please let me know if you need any clarification, and I would appreciate it if you would rate my service. Thank you and good luck!