Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a show cause hearing coming up and I'm wondering the

Customer Question
best way to prepare with...
I have a show cause hearing coming up and I'm wondering the best way to prepare with out having to hire a lawyer yet
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: MA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, A complaint was filed against me, and I filed complaint against her
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was bar tending at a local café, and a drunk customer threatened me and then attempted to jump over bar. I hit her with a bottle to prevent her from getting me. many witnesses and video of the incident
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
4/26/2017
Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Gonzalez

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This answer is given based on the facts provided above. Contact a local attorney to further discuss these issues. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Sorry for having to deal with this. Typically, a show cause hearing stems from a failure to comply with a Court Order. Is that what occurred here? Is it being alleged that you failed to comply with a prior Court order?

no,
I believe its because when the police were called by her and she filed a report them, then police came to café and spoke to me and other patrons so they didn't feel like her story made sense after that. They did not arrest me and told me to gather the cafes security video and witnesses to appear at a magistrate hearing
Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 7 months ago

Seems a little odd to me. Not sure, so, I am going to opt out and let another expert assist you.

Tina, Lawyer