Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can a car loan contract be voided if your spouse was the one…

Can a car loan contract...
Can a car loan contract be voided if your spouse was the one that signed your name? Financial Manager said she could do it as long as her boss didn't see.
4/26/2017
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Without question, yes. Are you saying the contract has your name on it but someone else (your wife) signed it? Provided you can prove it is not your signature the contract is void, not voidable. You have no liability whatsoever.

The financial manager is the one who should be worrying. He or she aided in the commission of a fraud. For that matter your wife committed the fraud.

In any event you should ask for your deposit money or other fees you paid back. I can't imagine they will fight you on this. The dealership has a lot to lose if they fight this, both with the State and with the Lender they perpetrated the fraud on.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you were unhappy with my service and I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Thanks for the prompt reply!Will my wife get into trouble? We wanted the cars but the dealership has gone back on they're word and I'd rather not do business with them anymore and that's the only way I could think of actually getting out of it. I never signed anything because I had our baby in my arms and the financial manager was just like she can sign for you just don't let my boss see. This is in the state of Oklahoma if that matters any.
Thier not they're
My name was the only name on the contract as well, and it wasn't even my full legal name it was the name that I go by so idk if I have something there either

Tell them that you want out. Since they cuold be in trouble I wouldn't expect anything to happen to your wife.

Forget about the right name, etc. you never signed it. you can't be held to it.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer