Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have written agreement stating that this individual would

make monthly paymeints .on a...
I have written agreement stating that this individual would make monthly paymeints .on a car which I own title to.this individiual told me that she would make a big payment to
me in her text messages. To lower the cost of the car She promised in her text messages that she would do that. I realize that is a civil matter . What happens If I repossess the car.? Does her promise in the text have any bearing in court?. She has history of lies showing the car was shown as me being the lienholder and full coverage. I went to D M V and she did not register it. She registered it the day I went to D M V because I was going to find out
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/21/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Verify with me that you have legal title here, is that correct ??

So you are legal to repo it.You either do it or hire local repo person to do this.But you are title holder you can take it back since she defaulted.It is in your best interests to do so and recover it and resell it if you choose here.

you are telling me her text are binding in court

You have legal right to repo the care in this situation and should do so .And yes here it would be binding between the parties.

if i get a physical threat from her boyfriend and that happens. and I got physically harmed what happens then

You would report it tot he police and make a complaint for nay threats made.He can be prosecuted for such threats.It makes a record and a protective order can be entered if necessary here.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Did she breach to have full coverage on the car? She got it after I saw the insurance report. and I contacted her insurance company
she lied to me about the fact the car was registered in my name
she fullfilled her obligations after me being inquistive

I think she breached this at least twice as you state it here.That would be more than enough to repo it and enforce the agreement.

Thanks again and the best.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

last one another lawyer told me on your website since she made good on her commitment. I could be in the wrong so far you deserve 5 stars

Thanks I wish you the best here.The stars are at top of page.Good luck with repo here.

i am not done
you did not answer my last question

Let me know what followup you have, not a problem,

i got answer from another attornery saying she full filled her obligations of getting insurance and showing me I am the lienholder . I can lose in court .Her text history of lies is obvious

I agree there is systemic pattern of lies and non compliance.I think you repo it and take your chances.I don't see she can prove that she wasn't in default and more than one way.

the car is only worth 7000.00 $ what happens if I lose

I cannot see that she has a case.This was clearly a breach , multiple breaches of your contract.Why not try and cut your losses and repo the vehicle.She is likely to continue to be problematic here.

now her text message are admiissible in court

Yes they can be used against her and admissible as well.

Ray, Lawyer
i am done well worth 19.00$ 5 stars for you

Have a great evening.

Ray, Lawyer