How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56548
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I no longer live in the area where my case was first filed.

This answer was rated:

I no longer live in the area where my case was first filed. I requested a change of venue. The judge said I was venue searching and denied my request. Can I appeal that decision
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: los angeles ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as far as what
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have sole physical custody of my son and I have to get him to school and try to make it to the court on time. I was trying to transfer the case to the court closer to my home. I also feel as if the attorney for the respondant has a lot of pull in this court
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Yes may seek reargue or appeal the decision. You may also retain local counsel. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
INFOLAWYER and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions