INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I no longer live in the area where my case was first filed.

I no longer live in the area where my case was first filed. I requested a change of venue. The judge said I was venue searching and denied my request. Can I appeal that decision
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: los angeles ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as far as what
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have sole physical custody of my son and I have to get him to school and try to make it to the court on time. I was trying to transfer the case to the court closer to my home. I also feel as if the attorney for the respondant has a lot of pull in this court
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Yes may seek reargue or appeal the decision. You may also retain local counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.