LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Geico is asking me for a lot of information. I have an

Geico is asking me for a lot of information. I have an interview with a fraud investigator on Monday at 3pm. What should I expect. Should I get a lawyer. I have been with Geico for almost 3 years& they have never treated me like this.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: For auto theft.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I reported the car missing. I live in Texas. It was found in Louisiana a couple of days later. It is totaled.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you. Thank you
Good evening. Was a police report filed? Do you know when and where the car was stole from?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I filed a police report. It was stolen from my apartment.
Thank you and please allow me a moment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can we text for a bit please.
Geico does have a right to perform their own investigation. After all, you are filing a claim which they likely will have to pay as a result of this so they want and need to make sure that there was no fraud committed. This is not a criminal proceeding or related to a civil lawsuit so there is no need to have an attorney but if you wanted one present you would have a right to bring one. They are going to want to know the same details the police asked about. Who, what , when, why and how so they can make sure the story checks out and is the same as you told the police. They may ask if the doors were unlocked or if the keys were left inside or any other valuable which you may try and make a claim for. They are performing their due diligence and making sure this was a legitimate grand theft case and not an attempt to scam them out of money which people try and do all the time.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh okay ! Thank You!