INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

My son and his wife live in San Antonio TX. They recently

Customer Question

My son and his wife live in San Antonio TX. They recently moved into a new apartment (january) and shortly after moving in, my son started working for the complex as a handyman.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: manager
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They have been given a notice to vacate, after his 90 day probationary period with the leasing company, he was let go, and they are being force out of their apartment with only a 7 day notice
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The lease was originally signed by his wife, BEFORE he started working for them, he is listed as an occupant. BTW, she is 7 months pregnant
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 months ago.
They cannot be evicted if there is a lease. They can stay for the term of the lease. Even if there was no lease and month to month it takes several months to evict.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.