Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I bought a motorcycle from a dealer and was told that i

Customer Question

i bought a motorcycle from a dealer and was told that i would have no problems getting plates even though i told him i had to have whiskey plates he said it would be no problem i brought it up several times and was assured it would be no problem, now licen plate enforcement want the plates i have had the bike for 30 days today but did call the dealer on saturday and told them what can i do
JA: How old is the motorcycle? When was it purchased?
Customer: 2000, bought on 3/18/17
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i called them on saturday past 3/16 17
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ? dont think so
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

If the dealer made a material misrepresentation to you and now you cannot get the whisky plates, then you may have a cause of action against the dealer for negligent misrepresentation so that you can either unwind the deal or sue or threaten to sue for your damages. Not sure if this answered your question....

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.