How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118201
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my husband and daughter was arrested for a crime that

Customer Question

Me and my husband and daughter was arrested for a crime that didn't happen. My husband made a deal with them so he could get me out of jail he gave his thumb print but hasn't been sentence yet and we found yesterday that they have no evidence at the crime happen because they drop the case on my daughter because there was no Witnesses are evidence. And wheny husband did the deal he was not in his right state of mind. Can i get him out of this mess some kind of way. We never be in trouble we both are 39 years old. Can i get him free some kind of way
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen? The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: California back in February 2017. Ok
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: For what
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And that this guys that said all this is a sex offender and goes to my kids school to pick up kids there. And we just found out that he has a case open for assault they want to use my daughter to get them
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he has entered a plea and has not been sentenced yet, you need to get his attorney to file a motion to withdraw plea and the lack of evidence and him not being mentally competent or coerced at the time of the plea are good cause reasons for vacating his plea agreement. So in order to get him out of this, you need his attorney to file to vacate the plea since he has not been sentenced and present proof that there is no evidence and/or that he was not competent at the time he agreed to the deal or he was unaware of the lack of evidence at the time.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.