How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27478
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for a lawyer that can represent me to filr a

This answer was rated:

i am looking for a lawyer that can represent me to filr a law suit against Fullerton Hotel at Singapore
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i was staying at that hotel on 4/13/2017
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i had second degree burns over my chest and hands


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is in Singapore
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i just got back from Singapore. gotsecond degree burn at the Fullerton Hotel (5 star) when their buffet tray overheated and exploded, spraying boiling water ovrr my chest ans hands
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
went to ER, had doctor's letter
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hotel did not compensate my medical bill
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, while you can sue from over here, that would be an international suit, and even if you win your judgment, you may have to go to the Singapore courts in order to get that judgment enforced so that the hotel pays you.

Also, unfortunately, per the terms of service of this website, legal experts are not allowed to make direct referrals to specific lawyers or law firms. Nor are we allowed to represent customers, because JustAnswer is not a law firm.

What I can do, however, is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one.

If you want to sue in Singapore, you could find a lawyer by contactiing the US Embassy or consulate over there, as they keep a list of them for Americans who get in difficulties abroad. By going through the Embassy or consulate you would ensure that you got a reputable attorney.

Another way to find a lawyer in Singapore would be to contact a lawyer referral service. A well-known international referral agency is They have listings for lawyers in all Singapore cities.

To find a lawyer who can sue from the States, you could contact a referral service such as or Many of their attorneys are peer and client rated, to help you narrow down your options.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you

You're very welcome.

Zoey, JD and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you