How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118247
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Case, for medical malpractice, [ miss diagnoses ] with

Customer Question

case , for medical malpractice , [ miss diagnoses ] with personal injury can i talk to a live person on this page
JA: When did this happen? What medical records or other evidence do you have?
Customer: it started in 2012 or 13 , in nc i went to the er and was told that i had a portion of bowel blocked , no blood flow , i moved to florida in 2013. and was in so much pain , i was referred to a gastro dr , sandra hoogleworff [ not sre of that spelling , ] she is from borland grover in st augustine fl but i went to her palm coast office , she sent me for a colonoscopy and then told me i had cronic pancreatitis and a cyst on my kidney , and put me on [ creon 360000 unt caps , and my primary said there was a second pill to go with that treatment , why dident she prescribe that , i told her i dont know , so she prescribed it for me , i went like this for almost two years , terrable pain , day after day , i kept going back to her and my primary , with no results , so i changed my gastro dr to dr armodie , he ran test , and told me i did not have any of what she said , no panceratitis no cyst , and in september i was rushed to the hospital with my heart and had to have a stint put in , and all most right away , all the pain in my belly and the swelling , everything i had suffered with all these years were gone , the dr in nc sent me to charlotte hospital in nc for emergancy surgery they told me to go home when they found out i had no insurence , then i moved here and went to her , long story short , my heart let me down , i had suffered , with pain as well as having anxiety thinking i was really sick and no help for me , had she not told me all of that waswrong , i could have had test to really find out what was wrong , it took almost dying to find out it was a blockage in my autries that kept blood flow to my intestines , now after the stint i have no problems with my belly , and i am not on any meds for it . i suffered so much due to her .
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as well as sky hight bills , and being on meds that i did not need and i dont know if it has caused me more harm with my pancreas , by taking these two drugs , i can not afford more medical bills to find out , i do have insurence now , but the co pay is so high , the meds were creon 36000 cap s
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: and bentyl 10 mg caps , creon is a very dangerous drug to start with . and i was on it for two years
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no nothing has bee filed or reported i really dont know how to go about doing this i call morgan and morgan and they refurred me to you , i need help to know what i have to do .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am at work , i have to step away from my desk for abot 5 mins no longer , and my cell is off right now charging brb ty
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you can call me at work (###) ###-####
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In Florida, to have a claim for medical malpractice based off the misdiagnosis, you first need to have another doctor willing to testify that the first doctor improperly diagnosed you and was negligent or below the reasonable standard of care in doing so. Once you have a doctor agreeing that the misdiagnosis was negligent and below the reasonable standard of care, then you would get a local attorney and would have to send a letter called a notice of intent to sue for malpractice to the doctor and they have the right to respond with their own letter from their own expert to refute your expert.
So your first step is you need to get to a local doctor willing to write the letter describing the first doctor's negligence in diagnosing you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok sorry about that im back now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is so much more to this than i can write down at this time can i speak to a live person on the phone
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Phone service is a premium service. However, the process explained to you above does not change regardless of how many more facts you add. Lawyers are not doctors so you need a doctor first under FL law to write the letter and until you get that you cannot go to a local medical malpractice attorney to send notice of intent to sue for malpractice as required under FL law.