Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Rom someone who drove up in his boss vechicle In December

Customer Question

rom someone who drove up in his boss vechicle In December paid 4000 for 5 ton hVAc and 5000 for the work performed I caled buisness owner he said we had no deal and the employee was not working for them anymore
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: I have signed receipts received 5000 and 4000
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Attorney because no one is getting back to me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: business owner will not help me I have a picture of the car the sales person drove up in also please signed receipts I am on the monthly plan
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I emailed owner of the business he said the employee is no longer working for him and he wanted to sell me another unit The employee will not email or call me back, business owner said no such order was ever made
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Whether or not the employee did this job off the books, the employer is still liable when the employee used the company truck and gave you receipts. So regardless of what the company is claiming they are liable and you would have grounds to sue the company for not honoring the their warranty and you can inform them that not only will you sue them for breach of contract, but you will sue for triple damages and attorney's fees for unfair and deceptive practices and you will also report them to the attorney general for unfair and deceptive practices.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The receipts I made up and dated his employee signed because he did not have any blank receipts on him he signed I made these up quickly and I have a copy of his vehicle (cameras) You will see first payment was for labor second payment 2 days later was for equipment

Thank you for your reply.

If he was representing himself as working for the company, that is not your issue if you had every reason to believe he was. You can still sue the company and hold them liable.