Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Can they charge with with the drugs they fond but the

Customer Question

Can they charge with with the drugs they fond but the warrannt was for someone else in the same house but upstairs unit my car and me had nothing to do with it but beacause my mailing address is their.my money and car was seized.amd she.admited to them it was hers they didnt take nobody to jail even tho their fond drugs in a safe upstair the guy the warrant was for dont live their he just left a safe their but we have nothing to do with whats going on upstairs
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Yes, if a house in which you are found or are living is raided and found to be a drug house, under a theory of constructive possession, the police can charge everyone in the house if they have a reasonable belief they are involved in the drug enterprise. Whether they can convict you would be another matter, but it could be up to a jury to determine whether or not you did have anything to do with the drugs.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.