Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

ON 03/17/2017 A FRIEND DROVE MY VEHICLE TO A HOME OF A

Customer Question

ON 03/17/2017 A FRIEND DROVE MY VEHICLE TO A HOME OF A COWORKER WHERE I WAS TO RIDE IN TO WORK WITH THE OCCUPANT OF THE PROPERTY AND SHE WAS TO BABYSIT HER CHILD. AFTER WE HAD LEFT FOR WORK, THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY ARRIVED WITH A TOW TRUCK AND THE SHERIFF AND CONFRONTED THE BABYSITTER AND TRIED TO TELL HER SHE HAD TO LEAVE AND THEN SAID SHE WAS HAVING MY TRUCK TOWED. THE OCCUPANT SPOKE TO HER WHILE SHE WAS AT THE RESIDENCE AND EXPLAINED WE WORKED TOGETHER 55 MILES AWAY IT WAS A MONEY SAVING REASON TO CARPOOL AND THAT THE TRUCK WOULD BE MOVED WHEN WE GOT OFF OF WORK AT 530P SHE RESPONDED THAT WOULD BE FINE BUT AFTER ENDING THAT CALL SHE HAD THE VEHICLE TOWED ANYWAY. IT WAS NOT VIOLATING ANY ORDINANCES OR LAWS AND REGISTRATION WAS CURRENT. I OWN THE VEHICLE BUT WAS NOT DRIVING IT MY LISC IS INFACT SUSPENDED, THE BABY SITTER HAD DRIVEN THE TRUCK THERE. I COULD NOT AFFORD TO GET MY TRUCK FROM IMPOUND. I CALLED THE SHERIFF THEY SAY IT WAS THE PROPERTY OWNER WHO WANTED IT REMOVED. I CALLED THE PROPERTY OWNER SHE SAID THE SHERIFF TOWED IT. THE TOW YARD SAID IT WAS A PRIVATE CALL NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't believe she had a right to legally remove my vehicle and what can I do about it. I am loosing my vehicle for carpooling with someone whose land lord was trying to bully them. no eviction was started rent was paid in full for the property. I want my truck or compensated for the truck and all of my trouble since its been impounded

Thank you for your follow up.

Was your vehicle parked on a private property?

Did you have any type of permission from the landlord / owner to park your vehicle on this private property?