Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a 88 year old mother who has dementia, My brother is

Customer Question

I have a 88 year old mother who has dementia, My brother is living with her, this was the agreement, that he would stay with her until I retire which is in June.....My mother now has dementia, the agreement was made before my mother was so far in to the dementia, I am her power of attorney....he is living rent free, and do not have to pay any bills at all, in fact he has saved a lot of monies while living with her, yet I suspect some abuse doing his stay with her...what should I do?
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What is brother doing to abuse her?

.

Are you talking physically, financially, emotionally...something else?

.

If you evict brother, are you ready to either have her live with you or move her to a nursing home?

.

.

thanks