How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118201
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently own several properties in Louisiana and I live

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** and I currently own several properties in Louisiana and I live in Alabama. I have a property management company handling these properties. There have been several questionable issue. I have been trying to get in touch with this company for over three weeks. Numerous texts, phone calls, emails have been ignored. What can I do?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I'm not sure what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I am having health issues that are currently keeping me from traveling to Louisiana at this time. Through a friend I know that one of the properties is in disrepair.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they are not responding to you, then you need to send an actual letter to them informing them they are in breach of contract for failure to provide you the management services contracted for and terminate their contract and replace them. That is the best option.
If they have taken money from you and have not performed services properly, then in addition to terminating them you need to consider suing them with a local attorney and seeking damages from them based on the harm they have caused to you and your property. They are not entitled to payment for services they failed to provide.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.