INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I have a relative renting an apartment in Texas in which a

Customer Question

I have a relative renting an apartment in Texas in which a flood has occurred. The question is, given that there are records of annual floods in several apartments in this complex, including the one the relative has rented, what level of duty is owed to those renters? Are they public invitees at law. Did failure to disclose those dangerous annual situations constitute fraud? These renters are an 85 year old woman and a disabled 50 year old daughter whom have nowhere to turn. Is there any possible legal help for damages to personal property, unsanitary conditions, stress, or other damages?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing has been done yet. This is a section 8 housing because of my 85 yr old mothers fixed income, if that is pertinent.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tha is it I think.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 months ago.
Such information is public record. No disclosures are required.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.