How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13658
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have used an online service for preparing a standard will

This answer was rated:

I have used an online service for preparing a standard will and advance directives. However, I would like to see a lawyer face to face to go over the will and help me make changes that will further meet the needs of my family. I know what I want to say, but have no idea how to say it. How can I find a lawyer in my area who will help me with this and will charge me a reasonable fee for the service?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ga. In the Kennesaw/Marietta area.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. Just a standard "fill in the blank" document.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Would just like to sit down with the lawyer and have him/her assist me.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

There are many local and voluntary bar associations throughout Georgia that offer lawyer referral services that can help you find a qualified estate planning attorney in your area. You may want to look through this list here and call the association closest to/within your area.

You may also want to try a service like Avvo --I particularly like this site because you can see reviews from past clients and fellow lawyers on there, and you can't pay to get a good review.

You can also use a site like Martindale-Hubbell. Look for attorneys/firms that are at least "BV" rated (AV rating would be the best) which indicates a high level of skill and ethics/professionalism.

Most estate planning attorneys are going to offer you a free or low cost consultation. Obviously, every person's situation and needs are different so what you ultimately will pay is going to vary. A simple Will package with a power of attorney, health care surrogate, etc. may only cost a couple hundred dollars, whereas a trust package can cost thousands.

You might find this helpful as well:

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

Certainly, my pleasure to help. Kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars. This costs you nothing extra, but ensures that I am paid by the site for my help today.

RobertJDFL and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Was there anything I could clarify about my answer or additional information you needed? If so, please reply without rating and I'll be happy to assist further!

Otherwise, If I've addressed all of your questions regarding this matter, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars so I am credited for my time. Experts receive no salary and are otherwise not paid until you rate the answer positively. Thank you!