LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I have a question, am working in a cruise ship. can the

Customer Question

i have a question, am working in a cruise ship. can the staff captain search my cell phone?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: HR manager and Staff capt, are the one conducting the search, i don't know if they discussed it to an attorney.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they are calling one by one the crew...and searching the cell phone which i think , they invade our privacy.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do you know why they are doing this? When you agreed to work for them, did you sign anything that allowed them to demand this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we don't sing anything, they're doing this because of the application by Android "SIPHONE".
Thank you. If the cell phone is your private property they have no legal right to be allowed to search it. You can refuse and share with them that you have a right to privacy and are unaware as to the basis or need to look through your phone and what they are hoping to actually seek to find. The fact that you are employed by them does not just allow them to search your phone and you can refuse.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!