Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am representing myself in a civil suit in california.. i

Customer Question
hello... i am representing myself...
hello... i am representing myself in a civil suit in california.. i am the plaintiff.. could you give me the steps to take. for example: if they havent answered my discovery the Interrogatories, what motion would i file. also, what is the proper steps in completing the default package
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes i have filed the basic summons and complaint.. i also filed the interrogatories but the defendant has not answered
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do i do a complete default packet after i filed the Entry of Default
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
4/17/2017
Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Thank you for your help. I look forward to it. I need to do the next step to my case so i dont miss out on the money this lady owes me. She has it too but just refuse to pay me. She came over 2 weeks ago saying she will pay me. Then she called and asked what name to put the check in i told her mine. Then i havent heard from her. She showed me she made 300k but yet doesnt pay me. she also has the money to pay for representation but dont want to pay me. i need your help. i am willing to pay more when i receive my payment from her. i have it figured to 19k with the usury law of 10% on 11k is what she owes me. i just need guidance, i will do all the work..

Ok, happy to help. I hope you get your money too.

Sounds like you are at the default stage? Did you serve her with the Complaint and Summons?

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes I did serve her with the complaint and summons. I also sent interrogatories to her then to her attorney. I did entry of default on her LLC as well.

Alright, well the interrogatories are moot if you are getting a default. Do you have the default packet? If so, do you have a link to the one you are using?

I do have the default packet. I tried to file it but the clerk did not accept it. I need guidance with it. What do I need to do? Serve the statement of damages and when I record the proof of service file the rest of the packet? I'm stuck at this point. Also with her not answering the interrogatories, how can I get the judge to Grant my motion to compel? I will just focus on the default and not the interrogatories. I asked for the knowledge. I'm grateful for your time. Thank you so much

Well, you skip over the motion to compel and all the discovery and right to the judgment. Once you have a judgment you can serve her with a judgment debtor's exam and if she doesn't appear, an arrest warrant will be issued.

Do you have a web link to the default packet you are using? Or tell me what court you are in.

I am in the San Bernardino County civil Division. I do not have the link.She did file an answer, it was after the time but it's still recorded. The clerk mentioned I can't default her because of it, I need to file a motion. Should i file motion for summary judgement or is there just a judgement?
When I get this money, I'm willing to pay for your help. My graditude.

Oh ok, so because she filed an answer, the clerk will not allow a default correct? Then there is no point filing a motion for default and you need to proceed with the case.

Correct I need to proceed with the case with her. The last thing I did with her were the interogatories she has yet to answer. her company I was able to file the entry of default which is a LLC. Her representation did not file an answer for her LLC only for her.

Ok, so proceed with default against the LLC.

When were the interrogatories served?

To continue the default on the LLC what do I need to do? I tried to file the default packet but the clerk refused. Do I sent the statement of damages first and when I file the proof of service with the clerk file the default packet?She was served the interogatories on 1/10/2017 then I did the motion to compel and because I didn't serve her attorney the judge denied me. So I served her attorney 4/3/2017

Ok, I will get back to the default.

You served the interrogatories or the motion to compel on the attorney on 4/3/17?

I just served the interogatories on 4/3 I haven't done the motion to compel until I'm on track. The judge tells me in a nice way "seek legal advice". Next time I see the judge and I am on track he will grant me all that I am asking. He can't at this point and he tells me what I need. I just don't know the order

Ok, so you need to wait the 40 days on the interrogatories at this point. I will look up the default rules for your court and respond when I am able.

Ok. Thank you very much. When I get my money from her if you don't mind I want to make a contribution to you for all that you are doing for me. Thanks again
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer