DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

Second opinion] Im getting ready to file a chapter 7

Customer Question

Second opinion] Im getting ready to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy, only in my name. However, my husband and I have a joint account. He has withdrawn in the last 30 day 4000 so we can find another place to live. His social security is twice mine and deposted in that account. Will I have an issue with the TrusteeJA: Have the trust documents been finalized? What are the basic terms?Customer: Not yetJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: Next week before the sale date.JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I had a paralegal prepare and paid her, does she need to fill out all her info with her social security number? I paid her to help me
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.

Has that $4k been spent? If so, you won't have a problem if you keep receipts. If the money is being held to find a place post-petition then yes, you will have a problem for the amounts you cannot exempt.