Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

My aunt purchase a car from Toyota and is trying to take it

hi. my aunt purchase a car from Toyota and is trying to take it back and they wont
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Georgia.. they have a clause saying no cooling off period which she never read and it was never pointed out to her .. she had the cars 3 days . the car is a 2008 almost 10 years with 156 miles on it
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. the only thing that was done is that she called the bank that finance the loan .. they needed extra proof of income ..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes she called her nephew who has some expertise in the business and he was with her .. he also worked at enterprise car sale across from them and she purchased a much newer vehicle fromhim .... there was also a bit of exchange (verbal )
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'm here to help. What specific questions did you have for me today?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought they had given you the questions when they connected us. my aunt purchase a car from Toyota and wants to return it but Toyota wont take it back
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they have a clause saying no cool offperiod which she never read and it was never pointed out

Ok, I certainly understand the situation, but before providing options, I want to clarify your specific question. Are you just wondering whether they are required to take the vehicle back?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no what can be done at this time as she is stuck with a vehicle she don't need...

I understand, one moment while I review some options for you...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its in the state o
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
of georgia

Ok that's helpful, thank you! One moment...

So the best option for her to is to get some help from the Attorney Genera's office. If she clicks here, she can contact the GA Consumer Protection Unit and file a complaint with the dealership about the matter. Another option for her would be to consider filing a lawsuit based on fraud in the inducement. Fraud in the inducement is a specific type fo contract fraud. In these cases, the defendant uses deceit or trickery to cause the other party to act to their advantage.

Fraud in the inducement means two things:

• The plaintiff was misled about the facts
  • The plaintiff used the information to make a decision

if she hires an attorney that focuses on contracts (click here) she may be able to help herself get a) terms that are better for her or b) get them to take the car back.

Follow up questions are free so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they did say though that we should meet with them Tuesday for a decision. should we file the complaint first or should we wait on them then move .. we left the car there and they took it back gave it to her aunt who is 92 and left it at the house.. she is 86 years old. also
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they needed more proof of income which was never given ..my aunt had call the finance bank and told them she didn't need the car..

That's a very good question. I would wait on the complaint until after Tuesday. This way, you have even more ammunition if you file a complaint because you can say that you "tried to work this out informally and in good faith, but they did not comply." This will prevent the government saying that you should just go speak with them (because you already did). Did you have any follow up questions at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not now thanks a lot

It is my pleasure! Further up on the screen you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required!

Hi, I noticed that we never had a chance to reconnect on this. I’m totally ready to help. Did you have any follow up questions for me or any other facts to add? If not, would you be so kind as to rate your opinion of my service?