My son has no money, how does he get a public defender

before he enters his plea...
My son has no money, how does he get a public defender before he enters his plea with the judge via video cam today?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/7/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney with Just Answer. It's great to meet you. One moment while I review your question.
Your son should immediately request a continuance. A continuance is a grant of additional preparation time before or during a trial. Either the prosecution or the defense can request a continuance, and sometimes even the court can order a continuance of its own accord.
The 6th Amendment of the Constituon requires a person to have the chance to be represented by counsel in plea negotiations and at the time of entering a plea. In his request, He could cite that without the assistance of counsel, there is o way to adequately prepare for this decision and by continuing with this proceeding, his Constitutional rights will be violated.
Your son should request an attorney to do this for him ASAP. the judge should grant this continuance.
Let me know if you have any questions. When you have the chance, please rate your opinion of my service using our star rating system. Thanks for using Just Answer!
Legal Eagle, Lawyer