Term ACLU member. What difficulties will my wife encounter…

Customer Question
Long term ACLU member...

Long term ACLU member. What difficulties will my wife encounter when she returns from a Western European vacation with me this late June. She is an Iranian national but naturalized USA citizen for almost 40 yrs and has never returned to Iran after leaving it 40 yrs ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?

Idaho. No legal problems at all.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I'm native born American. We hope to visit my German family in Berlin etc.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 2 days by:
4/4/2017
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

Thak you for your question.

Since she is a naturalized citizen she should not have any problem reentering the US. Trump's executive orders limiting travel for certain nationalities have all been put on hold by the federal courts.

Anyone traveling with a cell phone or similar device might want to leave it at home since Customs and Border Protection has been searching them lately.

I hope this information is helpful.