My question is can I sue the city (specifically the police…

Customer Question
Hello, my question is...

Hello, my question is can I sue the city (specifically the police dept) in small claims court ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I live in California. my car was towed from a trolley parking lot because of an expired registration.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was told by the police dept that there is no report however I can go see them mon thru friday at the traffic division. unfortunately the towing fees by that time will be double what the car is worth.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know whether or not the attorney is aware of the difference between Driving: a commercial activity which requires a license and registration. vs traveling which is a constitutionally protected right. Reno vs Condon Jan 12, 2000 and state vs Spokane.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/2/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Under what theory do you intend to sue and for what monetary amount?