How many agents can be on a mediacal and financial power of…

Customer Question
How many agents can...

How many agents can be on a mediacal and financial power of attorney in Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Minnesota and a working on a power of attorney where we want a sisiter and brother to be appointment agents for their brother. Can this be done?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

You can and should have only one person serving under a healthcare POA at any given moment. It is ok to have successor agents named in the document, but only one serves at a time.

A financial POA is different and you can give as many POAs at a time as you want, but it can get confusing if multiple agents are running around doing contradictory things. So, it is recommended that only one serve at a time, but the limitation is not required in a financial POA.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!