I purchased a car in the beginning of January and my first…

Customer Question
I purchased a car...

I purchased a car in the beginning of January and my first payment was due February 17 I missed by 10 days the bank canceled the loan and the dealership tried to find another bank am I able to get my down payment back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida and it was a 2009 volvo

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As in what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said I cannot get my down payment back because it was my fault it is 2500 dollars

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2017
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Usually, if the reason you were not able to secure financing was not due to your own fault, then you can undo the purchase and get your deposit back. Here, since you missed the payment and that is the reason you could not get financed, the dealership is probably correct that you cannot get your deposit back; BUT, don't just take their word for it, make them show you where in the paper work that you signed it states that exactly...

Please Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so I am compensated for this answer. Thank you.

If we are done, please assign a positive feedback rating on this. Without that, I am not paid by Just Answer. Thank you.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney