Evicting tenants. Belmont county ohio. It's on a land

Customer Question
Evicting tenants Lawyer's Assistant:...

Evicting tenants

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Belmont county ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's on a land contract

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hi -what is your question please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i go about evicting tenants on a land contract? by the contract we agreed on and signed the tenants broke the contract by late payments and other breeches in the contract.

I am sorry to hear this; for a land contract the owner must give notice to the tenant that they intend to intiate a forfeiture action; they have 10 days to cure; if they don't the owner can proceed;

please see:

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-669.aspx

Basically the seller can try eviction if less than 5 years and less than 20% has been paid; otherwise they can foreclose if 5+years, or more than 20% has been paid.

relevant code here:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/5313

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my written contract has no bearing in this?

Yes, the contract would provide the basis for the forfeiture action.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!