Are psychotherapists obligated by law to answer

Customer Question
interrogatories from competing atorneys prior...
are psychotherapists obligated by law to answer interrogatories from competing atorneys prior to a custody case going to court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are the psychotherapists actually named parties in the lawsuit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is a custody case.
I want a simple and concrete answer and año additional fees

No, therapists, because they are not parties to the lawsuit are not going to be served with Interrogatories. Interrogatories are only for service on parties to the lawsuit. At most the therapist could have to give deposition testimony.

You may reply to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I can address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen so that I can be compensated for helping you. I am not an employee of the site and I am only paid when you rate my service to you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As a therapist, I have found, lawyers want to "informally call" to inquire what the expert witness is likely to say in court
Am I legally obligated to take the call and respond to their "informal questioning".

No, you are not obligated to do anything of the sort. And if they want to use your time, you have the right to ask them to pay you for your time--if you do want to cooperate with them.

Doug

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney