My husband died on policy I am listed first at 100% second…

Customer Question
my husband died on policy...
my husband died on policy I am listed first at 100% second is his son at 100% am I the 100% owner
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

Condolences on your loss. Yes, you are the primary beneficiary, so you inherit the entire policy. From what it sounds like, your son was the contingent beneficiary -he would only inherit the policy if you had predeceased your spouse.

Was there anything I could clarify about my answer or additional information you needed? If so, please reply without rating and I'll be happy to assist further!

Otherwise, If I've addressed all of your questions regarding this matter, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars so I am credited for my time. Experts receive no salary and are otherwise not paid until you rate the answer positively. Thank you!