God morning... my mom suffered a stroke and is still in the…

Customer Question
God morning... my mom...

God morning... my mom suffered a stroke and is still in the hospital.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

She had filed a small claims against a neighbor in Las Vegas Nevada and was granted a new court date

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes..we hav an extended court date of march 27... here is my problem.. she is still hospitalized and the court filing is in her name only as plaintiff.however.. her daughter is on title. How can I add her as plaintiff so she can appear in mom,x place?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wanted to know how to substitute plaintiff...many thankx

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2017
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

It is not possible for anyone to add them self into a small claims court lawsuit. All you will be able to do is to postpone the hearing until she is out of the hospital.

Alternatively, if she can contact the small claims court and ask that the suit be dismissed without prejudice. Then both she and her daughter can initiate a new suit and have that served on the defendant.

You may reply to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I can address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen so that I can be compensated for helping you. I am not an employee of the site and I am only paid when you rate my service to you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug