An individual had a power of attorney over my aunt, when she…

Customer Question
An individual had a...

An individual had a power of attorney over my aunt, when she was the nursing home. power of attorney ended at her death. the deceases two sisters made arrangements to bury (this Sat) now the individual has gone to a lawyer to take over the burial, and the funeral home will not release the body to the next of kind. I don't see a reason for the delay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NEW JERSEY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

ONLY A POWER OF ATTORNEY PAPERS WERE FORWARD TO A LAWYER , THERES NO REAL ESTATE OR ASSESTS INVOLVED. ONLY THE BURIAL OF THE DECEASED

Lawyer's Assistant: This sounds important. The lawyer will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a lawyer who has 8775 happy customers and a 4.6 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

NO THATS IT DO YOU NEED MY PHONE #?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2017
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was the POA a Durable Health Care POA?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no. my other aunt had her adopted daughter named power of authority at the nursing home, because she told them there were no other sisters ( they lived in other states).....unfortunately the two other sisters didn't find this out until their sister that lived in Trenton has passed and found out when they went to visit the elder sister at the nursing home and was denied any information. Now the elder sister has passed and this adopted daughter wants to stop the burial ( schedule for this Sat) the funeral home will not release the body because she has a lawyer. The lawyer is delaying the burial.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is not qoing to work, I will have to contact a lawyer directly in Trenton,NJ
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks away

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug