I am a California resident. i need to put my wife on the…

Customer Question
I am a California...

I am a California resident. i need to put my wife on the title of my home. i hae the Quit Claim deed fill out but i am unsure about one box that needs to be either checked off or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes we got the loan modified back n 2015. Recussion was file but it still has only my name on on it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats it ok

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/21/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What was the question please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which box do i check off?
FOR A VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, ***** ***** a married man as his sole and separate property, an individual, 1 married 0 unmarried, hereinafter referred to as “Grantor”, does hereby remise, release, and forever quitclaim unto ***** ***** and Patricia A. Williams, Husband and Wife, 0 joint tenants with rights of survivorship and not as tenants in common or 1 community property with rights of survivorship or 0 community property without rights of survivorship, hereinafter “Grantees”, the following lands and property, t

Joint tenants with right of survivorship means that the surviving spouse will become 100% owner of the property upon the first party's death. This avoids the need for probate.

Community property with rights of survivorship means the same thing as for survivorship. This is restricted solely to married people (unlike joint tenancy above)

Community property without rights of survivorship means either spouse can will their property to whomever they wish-the survivor does not inherit under that deed.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer