How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28324
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking full soul custody of my son with no visitation

This answer was rated:

I am seeking full soul custody of my son with no visitation until the age of 18 is this possible
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Indiana Vanderburgh county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He has four domestic violence he has pleaded guilty to and a long list of other felony charges
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other than his long list of violent criminal past no

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. How old is your son? Is he doing anything to the child?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is 2 he is abusive Infront of him and when he drinks becomes abusive to everyone
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He has a long past of alcohol and drug problems and he's currently on house arrest for his fourth offense I'm afraid for my son's safety and well being growing up in an environment of his father beating women up around him

Thank you for the additional information. I think it is going to be very hard for the Judge to prevent the father from seeing his son until he is an adult and not allow the child to have any relationship or even know his dad. I think you could move for either a termination of his parental rights, showing it is in the best interest of the child for this to happen and the father should have no contact with him, since he poses a risk and threat and harm to him or ask the Judge to order parenting classes, supervised visitation and random drug testing with counseling.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know it's going to be difficult to do but i know it's my son's best interest to not see the things his father does and think it's ok and I hope and pray a judge does as well

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you