LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

On 3/15/17 I received a letter in the mail from a sheriff

On 3/15/17 I received a letter in the mail from a sheriff stating that I was observed running the bus red lights on 3/3/17. He stated that he stopped at my house and left a card on 3/8/17 and 3/15/17 but I see no cards. I don't remembering even doing that and what do I do? I was going to talk to the officer but can the ticket be rescinded. I have to call him tomorrow.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was mailed a citation for failing to stop for school bus.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. It states they received a video from the Grand Ledge bus Garage which shows the violation and vehicle.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Once the citation has been issued, it cannot be retracted by the issuing officer. You will have to make your argument in court. You will have the right to look at the video they have of you. In all likelihood the video was taken by the bus driver as the bus drivers have the right to report violations of the bus lights and the police pretty much are obligated to write the citations. About the only way to avoid the conviction is to prove that it was not you behind the wheel of the car in the video.

You may reply to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I can address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen so that I can be compensated for helping you. I am not an employee of the site and I am only paid when you rate my service to you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply asking for me by name, Doug, in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug