Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I am a county il landlord. My tenent left a mess and we

i am a cook county il landlord. My tenent left a mess and we texted back and forth. I said the damages exceeded the deposit but i was letting him go. Now the legal Aid Society is asking me or rather demanding of me double the security deposit. My question is there a limit on the time for me to sue the tenent for damages to counter this technicality?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ILinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I dson't hink so I got a letter threatening to persue and stating the law
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else to tell you.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.