Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a small business and want workers compensation for my

Customer Question
employees. Any recommendations as to...
I have a small business and want workers compensation for my employees. Any recommendations as to what to do? My employees will be working in a Laundry.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I am just about to start my business and want that in place before I start.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2017
Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

In Florida, Workers Compensation is mandatory for most kinds of workers. You can find steps for obtaining Workers Compensation here: http://www.myfloridacfo.com/division/wc/Employer/obtaining.htm#.WMDfMvnyuM8

Let me know if that helps?

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer