Second opinion] what happens if the plaintiff did not submit…

Customer Question
Second opinion] what happens...

Second opinion] what happens if the plaintiff did not submit BOP in the time frame the judge allowed to myself or the courts? However i received them in the mail 2 weeks after the date that was given...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There is a court date but the plaintiff did not file Bill of Particulars by the date the judge said

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The court clerk said that as of Feb. 23, nothing was filed however the same day I receive in the mail their BOP

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 4 days by:
3/10/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Is this in General District Court? If so, then this may apply?
Rule 7B:2. Specific Rule for Pleadings in General District Courts.
The judge of any General District Court may require the plaintiff to file and serve a written bill of particulars and the defendant to file and serve a written grounds of defense within the periods of time specified in the order so requiring; the failure of either party to comply may be grounds for awarding summary judgment in favor of the adverse party. Upon trial, the judge may exclude evidence as to matters not described in any such pleading."

See here:
www.courts.state.va.us/courts/scv/rulesofcourt.pdf
One may wish to tr a motion for summary judgment based on the above. The Court may deny it since the BOP has been delivered (even if late), but it is worth a shot.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).
Ely, Counselor at Law