How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer sent a e-mail requesting that I appear in court to

Customer Question

My lawyer sent a e-mail requesting that I appear in court to release him for representing me. Is that legal? There was no court information and I have paid the majority of the retainer.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm checking the e-mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes he filed with the court no thats it
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. Do you know the reason they want to withdraw?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We still owe 500 dollar but have paid 1000. The final cour date isn't until the end of this month. He hasn't done anything yet just moved court dates. It's for traffic court.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. The attorney first needs to file a motion with the court, asking to withdraw and if they do, need to send you a copy of the motion. Moreover, once it is set for hearing, you need notice as well, as you do have a legal right to appear and object to it.Simply emailing you would not be sufficient notice and it should be sent via US mail. Now, if money is owed and has yet to be paid, as agreed, the attorney can withdraw and the Judge is going to allow it, so I do want to share that information with you.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!