Will an arrest for misdemeanor battery/domestic violence but…

Will an arrest for misdemeanor...
Will an arrest for misdemeanor battery/domestic violence but dismissed as nolle prosequi automatically disadvantage a parent in an initial custody determination?The incident occurred 9 years ago shortly after the birth of the children and only now may be an issue as one parent tries to frustrates the others parents right of custody.
Is more context needed?
2/5/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A 9 year old dismissed case would not be held against you for child custody purposes. If there were no more incidents documented, then this would not be held against you for custody. The courts look for current incidents of violence, not old ones without much more evidence.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would bringing up this old issue count as alienation? Meaning the alleging parent is trying to destroy or serverly inhibit the parent child relationship that already exists

Thank you for your reply.

No, this would not count as alienation. Also, the FL courts are not going to use one incident either against you as calling you an abuser nor for you claiming the other parent is alienating you based on bringing up this one issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My concern is the danger thats posed when one parent alleges another parent is abusive towards their children without proof, and when the first mention of abuse ever is when that parent disputes a proposed custody arrangement. I would assume judges want to err on the side of caution. But thanks again for clarifying

Thank you for your reply.

Your incident happened 9 years ago, it simply is not current and certainly does not indicate any pattern of violence, since there have been no other instances. A violent or abusive person would have had more issues within 9 years, not just one.