I am planning to travel to Germany in the spring with Condor…

Customer Question
I am planning to...

I am planning to travel to Germany in the spring with Condor Airlines. A note attached to the confirmation says i must register with the TSA in order to permitted back into the country. I am a Greencard holder, not from the axis of evil countries. Is that true and how to go about it without paying extra. Never before was this a question.

Lawyer's Assistant: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas and it was paid by credit card.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Never

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
2/2/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good afternoon

Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no requirement that a green card holder register with the TSA for the pre-check program from any country. Even persons who hold green cards from the countries under the 2015 Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act signed into law, or the overbroad ban issued by the current administration’s executive order covering Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya and Yemen are not required to enroll in the TSA pre-check program for travel and return. The new executive order has no such requirement. So, I’m not sure why Condor airlines, which is German, would send such a notice with misinformation. At this point there is no TSA requirement, it may be their way of charging an extra fee. You should contact Condor and inform them that there is currently no law or US policy with such a requirement, and that if thee is such a fee attached to not registering it is not in ljne with US law.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
If you have any other questions just ask
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

If you have any other questions just ask.