How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5623
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently working as a contractor at Dow chemicals, a

Customer Question

I am currently working as a contractor at Dow chemicals, a Dow rep took my photo and several other and used it in jib jab. for their amusement during a safety meeting .and just recently another Dow rep showed us a picture of another Dow employee genitals during our lunch time. can anything be done about this improper behavior.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I feel that discrimination has also taken place.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Definitely the showing the pictures of genitals to you can constitute sexual harassment; it's a classic fact pattern in sexual harassment claims. The job jab could be discrimination if it is put in context of a bugger pattern of practice of sexual harassment against you. You should bring the issue to the employer's HR department. If they don't do anything about it, then bring a charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC would investigate the workplace at no charge to you and make a determination of whether harassment occurred. If the EEOC finds harassment, they attempt to work out a resolution or, if a resolution cannot be reached, they'll either sue the employer or allow you to sue them in federal court. Lastly, your employer cannot legally discipline or discharge you for filing with the EEOC. If this sounds like something you're interested in, you can learn how and where to file a charge with them here.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.